The Resourceful Rabbit

Frame4

Frame5

Frame6

Tagged , , ,

42 thoughts on “The Resourceful Rabbit

1. DailyMusings says:

You are not only a talented writer, but also a talented artist. This post made me laugh, but then I wondered if that Easter Bunny was really summing up how you felt about the day. Hmmmm. My guess is yes. Sorry if it was a rather shi&%$y day.

:) Yes! My art skills are soooooo good.

Nah. It’s really not a bad day. I didn’t mean for that to come off too metaphorically. I mostly just wanted to goof off. The weather is gorgeous. And I got a fair amount of reading and writing accomplished today.

Never a bad way to spend the hours.

Thank you for saying hi!

2. jgroeber says:

Oh, classic. Your high school art teacher would be proud.

3. girlseule says:

Very cute! Happy Easter.

4. suzjones says:

I thought the Easter Bunny pooped jelly beans?

5. Deepa says:

Awesome! Except that bunny poo generally isn’t in a nice steamy pile, since it’s dry pellets and all :-p. Everything else is completely accurate including the bunny’s colour, ability to talk and your lack of elbows. :-)
    Seriously, very cute. ….Happy Easter!

6. Nicely done, Matt. :)
    BB

7. Jules says:

So THAT’S how chocolate bunnies are made….

8. JujyCakes says:

Nice…Hope you had a nice Easter! good doodling :-)

9. OHkls says:

Nailed the hair!

;)

10. samara says:

Cartoon Matt takes his hair products more seriously than I ever do. How does he make his hair do that? Gel, mousse, something?

My hair just hangs there. If I draw Cartoon Samara, will Cartoon Matt show her how to use hair gel? I would like her hair to stick up like that.

Is it just me, or do the bunny’s paws look slightly like…saggy boobs?
    Now that I wrote that, they don’t look like paws any more, do they?

Minus the lack of gray in the temple areas, and the fact that my hair is dark brown, not black, you might be appalled just how close that actually is. Gel nor mousse could ever do the job. Forming cream or pomade. And yes. Cartoon Matt will help her. And yes. Saggy boobs. And yes. We have issues.

11. First if all, that Matt is too adorable for words. And second, I wanna know if you were actually wearing a green shirt and gray shirts or was that a creative decision? Happy Easter to MBTTTR from the PLRWM.

12. There is only one good thing about Easter, Cadbury Eggs. Now I will add this to my list, that was quite good.

13. Just think, you could write your book, and also illustrate it! BAM!

14. myfsu8199 says:

Wow, this post and all the comments have really made me laugh this morning. We all need to let loose and just doodle sometimes, it’s good for our inner child to let them out and play sometimes…. Thank you for the laughs Matt! Sounds like you had a very relaxing and joyous day.

15. lrconsiderer says:

Samara told me I could see saggy bunny boobs here. And I’m afraid I could see nothing else. *sigh*

Very good, though. I admire your dedication to creating an entire strip (oho!)

16. garden2day says:

Thanks so much for sharing…..I will laugh about this for a long time!!! I love it! :D

17. Very, very, very funny. I’m still laughing.

Rabbit does taste good, by the way… especially in a gumbo.

18. […] A fake life that my sweet kid concocted for his teacher yesterday and handed me this morning. (He inherited my artistic talents.) […]

19. […] You can see that masterpiece here. […]